1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. SN 94cobra turbo351w

As of now im running a A1000 pump and Lucas 75lb injectors after market fuel lines and edelbrock fuel rails and aeromotive regulator.im also running stock t4mo computer with a chip.im looking to make 750+ @ the wheels what size and brand injectors and what fuel pump.I was thinking aeromotive Eliminator pump. Also can I use E85 on stock computer.

Combo is 357w Victor jr heads
    Spyder intake F cam with 1.72 rockers
    S475 Turbo with 1.32 A/R

2. yellowpony

Your fuel pump could be marginal, be prepared to install a larger one or adding another a1000. For the injectors, if there is a way to control low impedance injectors, I would put a set of 120's in there if there, 160's will be fine also.

Anthony

3. SN 94cobra turbo351w

nah no way to control the low impedance so I was told to run 120lb impedance injectors.just not sure what brand or if I can run them on stock computer with a chip

4. yellowpony

I'm not up on my injectors, but do they make a high impedance 120# injector? 160's are low imp, as well as most all 120's I have seen. That will be your biggest issue, or just get rid of the stock ecu and switch to a stand alone unit.

Anthony

5. SN 94cobra turbo351w

im not 100% sure they do but I have been told they do.as for the stand a lone I would but they are not cheap.lol

6. Xavier1320SVT

Make sure you have good fuel lines, lesson learned the hard way :) Teflon that is

7. D & E Dart

Spent some time talking to a local drag racer recently, he mentioned the same thing, he also found out the hard way......

8. strkdblwncapri

I recently did dual bosh 044 pump on my friends car with 160s and he made 725 on 10psi...he was having some ignition issues so they could not finish the tune on higher boost. I have seen the dual boschs in the 900whp range

- - - Updated - - -

I will be going dual bosch 044s as well when I switch to e85

9. SN 94cobra turbo351w

what lines? aluminum lines?

10. tininjun67

the early megasquirt controllers used to have problems running the low impedance tbi injectors and they built what they called a flyback board if I remember correctly. I've also heard of aftermarket injector drivers you could use to run the low imp injectors, more simple still, I've heard of people running 5 watt resistors in line to the injectors to protect the injector drivers. I think a little research will get you what you need.

11. SN 94cobra turbo351w

what fuel lines to use when I want to E85

12. Rip Rock

Ptfe fuel lines.

I'm running duel Bosch 044's in both my cars with goodridge 910 hose. If or when e85 come up here I'm set.

13. geoturbochevy

I've ran PTFE fuel line on E85 for about a year and just checked the system yesterday and it all looks good. No Leaks or worn hose anywhere.

I do drain the system though I I know that the car will be parked for over a month.

Currently on an A1000 but I am running out of Pump on E85 So I will be adding another pump and dropping my fuel pressure as I currently have it set at 58. The A1000 dont like high fuel pressure from what I understand.

14. racerron67

If you go with a mega squirt from diyautotune.com you will save a lot $. Base ecu (mega squirt 1) as little as 340.00 for a u build it kit with bult in 2 bar map and 8 ft. Wire harness. They will run high or low impeadance injectors.

15. Turbo Drag Radial

the stock computer can only run High IMP injectors.

The only way you can run low IMP injectors would be to have a driver put it.....not sure who still does this.

By the time you do this.....you would be better off buying a used FAST Classic or spend a little extra and get a used BS3 or XFI.

PTFE is the best option for fuel lines, but most braided hoses have a layer of teflon....ie Jegs and Aeroquip I know for sure say they are OK for E85. I have only had one section of the jegs braided go bad in the last 5 years.

I maxed out my 83lb injectors at 675rwhp.

The easy formula is to get the HP rating for the injectors and pump, then multiple by .70 and that will give the HP expectancy for E85.

FYI - its worth all the hassle to convert....there is nothing better than buying $2.50 race gas. I cruise my car now more because it cost me nothing.

Here are the benefits:
    1.) engine will run cooler
    2.) wider tuning window
    3.) cheaper
    4.) makes a tad bit more torque.