1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Dzus fasteners?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Kway-zar, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Kway-zar

I have a 4" fiberglass cowl hood and a fiberglass trunklid for my '88 notch. How many Dzus fasteners will I need for each? (or combination of hood pins and dzus fasteners on the hood).

2. SWT Racing

I'd use at least 10 of the large Dzus fasteners.

3. Kway-zar

How many on each side of the hood, and how many on the trunklid?
    Also, can I get away with the rivet-on ones, or should I go for the weld-on fasteners?

4. SWT Racing

You could use 4 along each side and 2 at the back near the cowl. Putting an additional two at the front on the "nose" is probably a good idea. The decklid could probably use only 4 depending upon how stiff it is.

For the mounting plates, the weld in ones will be stronger. I have seen a lot of fast cars use the rivet type though. If you want to use the rivet type, just be sure to use good rivets with a backup washer, if possible. You can use Cherry N or Q rivets from Aircraft Spruce. Or, you could bolt them in with quality machine screws with locknuts.

I'm sure there are a number of guys using Dzus fasteners on there hoods in here. Anyone have pics?

5. Kway-zar

Thanks for the reply :)

And yes, if anyone here has some pics of how they fastened down their hoods, I would welcome seeing them.