1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Dyno Tuning Confusion

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pnyxxpress, Jul 2, 2004.

1. pnyxxpress

I recently installed a SMC alcohol injection kit. I'm spraying at 8 pounds of boost and using a 10gph nozzle. Spray is 100% denatured alcohol no water. The dyno and the data that I logged with my PMS was completely different. The dyno showed a steady change in a/f ratio from 14 to 10:1. The data I logged showed hardly no change thru the entire run. I was expecting to see a dip in air temp and a spike in a/f when the alcohol started spraying. Is this normal??

Also I made 8 pulls. The first 2 or 3 pulls responded to the fuel changes I made. I added fuel on the lean side and subtracted where it was rich. Then the remaining pulls it seemed to respond just the opposite. The more fuel I took out where it was rich it kept getting richer. But it kept making more power. Will it hurt anything to leave it at 10:1 if its make more power than 11.5:1?

As the fuel changes got more radical so did the power curve. First few pulls the power had nice clean steady torque curve. Then it got very choppy. Whats up with that??

If you would like more info.. Kinda long. Check out Stang Tuning
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. 94scstang

Wouldn't alcohol burn like fuel? I would think you need to lean it out after putting alcohol injection in. Where are you injecting it? Your using a PMS I would get an aftermarket computer