1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

duramax lb7 turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by furchaser, Sep 15, 2007.

1. furchaser

I am starting a new project to run semi pro next spring. I have built and help build many diffrent types of race cars from roundyround to full out drag..I am going to start clearing out some parts and peices and hopefully keep both sides of my customers happy with a mix of import and domestic. I will be starting shortly and my plan is this . slighty mdified small block chev 350 cid, duramax lb7 single turbo set up in a 1991 mazda RX7. with mustang 8.8 3:73 gear and th 350.I have not seen or heard of any one using this turbo yet and wondering why ?. I have read through the forums here and have found some extremely valuable information, and some very intelligent people. Having said that if any one reads this and can see why I should not go with this plan please explain ,,all input will be appreciated,, thanks Ron. It might help to know the following, 350 4 bolt main, '68 327 camel hump heads. 8.5 to 1 comp. 262/269 lift. 462/455 duration ( advertised ) and planning on about 14 lbs of boost, blow through holley 750 cfm, victor junior intake.

2. furchaser

I just found some info on the turbo,,,garrett 3782 82 mm 52 trim 0.54 a/r 20lbs boost Not much information out there on them but the gt 3782 seems like a good size

750 hp.jpg #ad