1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2 mpGT45s on a 467 pontiac

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blkbrd, Dec 29, 2010.

1. blkbrd

Im thinking about going from nitrous to turbos on my car. The engine makes 640 at the flywheel N/A @ 10.25:1 compression. I plan on going with a blow through alcohol carburetor and keeping the compression where its at but will change the cam to a turbo friendly grind after seeing how my nitrous solid roller plays with the turbo.

Im looking at the MP GT45 with 1.0 A/R turbine housing X2

What do ya think?

2. wantabe

if its the 76mm comp wheel design, and under 7000 rpm
    will be a cool ride

3. blkbrd

Im window shopping for turbo's at the moment. I thought that the 76 would be too big but what I know about turbos is from 10 years ago when I had a Typhoon and a couple Ttype Boooicks.

Any recomendations? I have a 4400 stall nitrous converter that would hold a 400 shot with 12% slippage, 3.50 gears and I do drive it on the street.

Thanks

4. wantabe

nos converter is way different to turbo deal