1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Electronic wastegate actuators

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by alain, Jan 2, 2016.

1. alain

Has anyone ever used electronic wastegate actuators on one of their builds? I'm not talking about electronic control of the pneumatic actuator, but an actual servomotor kind of controller that is run from your aftermarket ECU. What's your experience with them and most important, where did you get it from? I can find pictures of them, but no one seems to have them in an online store or anything. Mahle and Hella don't get back to me for some reason.

I figure these would be capable of very precise control of boost levels and give you the added advantage of being able to start at a really low boost level on the launch and basically boost to any level you want. Combined with a VSS you can have the boost ramped in from as low as 3 psi at the start of the track all the way to say 20 psi without exhaust pressure pushing the wastegate open because you have a low pressure spring in it to allow low boost at low vehicle speed.

Waste_Gate_Actuator_HELLA_2014_530.png #ad

Waste_Gate_Actuator_HELLA_2014_530.png #ad

2. 34blazer

Subscribing