1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Drivers side header hits motor mount?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 95_5.0_stang, Feb 3, 2008.

1. 95_5.0_stang

I started on my turbo project today and I got the headers off and swapped them to each side. I have poly motor mounts and the drivers side #8 cylinder header tube is hitting the mount. The motor mounts seem to be significantly bigger then factory ones. What are you guys doing about this? Does the turbo header that B&G or similiar companys solve this issue? Thanks!

2. 95_5.0_stang

Any suggestions?

3. River City Speed

I had to grind some off my stock replacement mounts to clear flipped Hooker Equal Length Super Comps.

4. 95_5.0_stang

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if that's what I'll have to do too.