1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Downpipe PCV evac????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BOSs5.0, Mar 16, 2005.

1. BOSs5.0

Anyone actually done this? I've anywhere from "sucked the valve covers gaskets into the engine" to "didn't work for shit".

Talking running your pcv into the downpipe with one of those Moroso kits.

2. TurboSN95

we spoke about this a long time ago, if you search you can find the posts. I heard the same, some people had good luck, some people didn't.

3. matt95

Didn't work for me. I ended up with a breather on the valve cover, which solved my problems.

4. rl-

It wont work if you have a full exhaust system. In an open downpipe it might.

5. TurboSN95

that was another issue.. mufflers. but i think with ultraflo/straight through design muffers, it may work.

6. matt95

That's probably why mine didn't work then:hammer:

Note: I have full exhaust 2 1/2" w/ultraflows.

7. TurboSN95

did you install it on the right angle ? There is a certain way it has to be setup.

8. matt95

I didn't actually install it, the kit already had it installed, so that could be another reason it didn't work.

9. yan88gt

Anyone here ever fabricate an evacuation kit by using the inlet of the turbo like the vortech superchargers? I know that it will put oil in the inlet but you could use an oil seperator?

10. rl-

I have mine setup like that. The crankcase feed line on the valve cover goes to a catch can/oil seperator then to the turbo inlet at an angle, its all 5/8" hose. Works great.

11. BOSs5.0

thanks guys..

I have mine running to the inlet of my turbo but I had no catch can. It filled up with oil and "clogged", which ended up blowing the dipstick and oil out. I'll put a can of some sort in their now.

How often you empty your can?