1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

An odd megasquirt issue. Really scratching my head on this one

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 50VOLVO, Feb 16, 2011.

1. 50VOLVO

So, here's what I've got. Mega squirt v1 on hi-res 10g. Running 52lb injectors ford tfi ignition. On a cold start car starts with no problem. 9 times out of 10 car starts no problem hot. However on the one time i have a problem, it drives me bonkers. Long story short, no matter what i do timing or fuel wise, the car simply will not start until I cycle the key 5-6 times. It doesn't make any sense and it's got me at the end of my rope! Thanks in advance for any insight you can give!

2. wesk

Does the car have a tach signal on this 1 out of 10 start? Does the car have spark? Have you tried pulling the SPOUT pill when it will not start? It sounds like it could simply be a common TFI (not MS related) problem. I

3. downwardspiral

I had a similar problem, I could get the car started cold any time, but not once it warmed up. I could add 200% enrichment and a ton of ASE and the plugs stayed dry. I increased the injector open time from 1.0 ms to 1.3; it starts every time and runs smoother.

4. JKK

are you using low z injectors??? have you tried to use a little higher cranking rpm value?

5. Matt Cramer

General rule, if the engine won't catch at all, try adjusting Cranking Pulse Width. If it starts but dies in a few seconds, adjust the After Start Enrichment.