1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DOHC build questions

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by ace351c, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ace351c

I Currently have a forged shortblock that I planned to top with C heads/intake, 97 cobra cams and spray with nitrous. I have kicked around the idea of a turbo but have been hesitant after seeing big dyno numbers not equaling big ET’s. I want to be able to drive the car as much as I’d like to (not my daily but in the summer I use it like it is), and my goal for next year is a 10 second time slip. Car will be a stick with drag style suspension obviously. If I haven’t lost you yet, here are my questions.
    How much would staying with B heads/intake affect my goals? (Prefer to use them as I have more sets of them)
    What valve springs would you recommend? I don’t want to have to modify the heads excessively.
    I have 96-98 cobra cams and continental cams. Which would be better to use for a turbo setup? And where would you degree them?
    Anyone ever used nitrous on top of a turbo? Wouldn’t mind a low boost setup with spray on top of it.
    Knowing my goals what would be a good turbo to look into?
    Thanks in advance.

2. 91turboterror

I would have to say go with the C heads.
    Usually nitrous is used to just spool the turbo.how much power are you looking to make ? What trans are you running? Rear gears?

3. ace351c

I’m not really looking for a number but 550-600 should easily put me at my goals in my opinion as long as I can shift the car and keep it in boost. 3650 trans and 4.11’s. Looking to do a 6r80 swap but probably not this year.