1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Does this look like a s400 housing?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Blackbeard, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Blackbeard

I got this cleaning out at work, its brand new and am trying to figure out what it fits. so far closest i can find is an s400, lemme know if you recognize it

Heres mine,
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

AND HERES AN S400
    [​IMG]#ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

3. Blackbeard

thanks for the link but i still can't match it up, I'm thinking because it has the mack bulldog cast into it the part number is in some mac catalog somewhere but i can't find it. but from the measurements you provided it matches up to all the s400 stuff. id just like to off it and for as popular as an s400 is I'm sure someone could benefit a high quality brand new cast turbine housing for cheap. i found it in a mac supplier and it was something stupid like 1700 dollars.

4. ashford

its definately a bw, the ink writen numbers on the housing give it away. it looks like a turbo for a mecedes mbe4000, or a switser replacement for a diesel engine of some sort

5. Blackbeard

ya its off a mack, it has the traditional mack bulldog cast into it

6. tchargers

Whats that number written on it. I can read the last 3 numbers, 801. What are the first 3?

7. ashford

the e7's had large t4 s300 based replacement turbos. id check the flange if its a t6(looks like it) it should be an s400, can't say ive ever seen a t6 flange on anything smaller

8. Mnlx

The older e7's that I have worked on had T6 s400's with the small 79-80mm turbine, but no wastegate.

9. Blackbeard

yes its 76, ill look at the numbers this afternoon