1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone using alcohal instead of gas with fuel injectors.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Canadian Turbo, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Canadian Turbo

Curious if it can be done, FAST sequential using alcohal. Advantage would be not needing intercooler. What A/F would alcohal run at if gas is at 11.5/1??

2. Traction Issuez

advantages of cooling would indeed be in favor of alcohol, but doesn't it take like 4X the alcohol as gas, and the corrosive effects of alcohol in comparison to gasoline
    issuez

3. 10seclx

Dal:

I had looked into this before, but when I was gonna run N/A and I was told that you would need alot larger injectors, I was told that on my combo to run n/a with 24's I would need at least 42's for alcohol. if you look at gas carbs compared to alc. carbs this makes sense as the jetting is alot larger on the alc carb?? I am guessing due to density??

on a side note, Project X motorsports that is running a carbed alc. mustang was looking into this, but found it moe cost effective to run carbed then all the tuning hassles of trying to get the alc to run with injection