1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I have 3 diff cams to choose from, what would be best???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by NHRA NO 2, Mar 20, 2007.

1. NHRA NO 2

I have a home built twin turbo setup. 306 C.I. 8.25 to 1 comp, t60's @ about 15-16psi boost, flipped MAC shorties, H2O & alky for intercooling. I was running 42lbs injectors till I popped a head gasket, now I am installing 60's. I have been running a 93 cobra intake, but might try my carb victor jr. converted to EFI, just for kicks. But now here is my question, I have 3 different cams to choose from. The first is the stock 1990 5.0 cam, I do not have any specs on it but I know that overlap would be the smallest of the three. Cam #2 is a Crane cam for using the 93 cobra 1.7 rockers. It has about 56 degrees of overlap its ground with 112 lobe seperation. The duration is intake @ 214 and exhaust @ 220. Cam #3 is a Anderson B-4 supercharger cam. It has about 66 degrees of overlap and ground with 112 lobe seperation. The duration is intake @ 224 and exhaust @ 232. Cams #2 & #3 are both ground on the same center lines 107 for the intake and 117 for the exhaust. That puts them both @ 5 degrees advanced when installed straight up. Any help as to what would be the better cam to run would be great. And also I would not be opposed to running any cam advanced to help out running better.

2. allmotor65stang

im not sure about the cams u have but some people on here run f-cams and tfs stage 1 and 2 cams..if it was me i would try the anderson B-4.. they say its like the stage 2 tfs cam..

3. Blown347hatch

+1

You will make more power with the bigger cam.