1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

combo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by gtmustang98, Jul 7, 2005.

1. gtmustang98

I am buying a gt40x crate motor used this weekend and was wondering what everyone thinks it will do. also Am I getting a great deal or what?
    stock 302 ford racing parts
    gt-40x heads
    1.7 roller rockers
    b-cam
    stock compression

All this, oil pan to valve covers for 1k with around "he says" 33,000 miles. What do you think?

Also I already have a hp stage 1 turbo kit on the car and will be running 10psi unless I get a boost controller. What do you think of this combo?
    Oh also have a cobra intake and 70mm throttle body.

2. turbo crazy

well you will make enough power to possible split the stock block:D

3. gtmustang98

anyone else?

4. bisquick

yes...

I'd slap on a crank girdle and o-ring the heads or block.

While the heads are off, I'd also polish the combustion chamber and possibly remove the flashing in the heads.

If you would like I have a pair of CNC ported E7TE heads. I've made almost 500hp with these heads....

Anyways good luck
    -bix

5. gtmustang98

you would use cnc ported e7's over stock gt-40x's?

6. JVENOM

what type of power are you looking for?? from what i heard 5.0 blocks can't hold more then 500 hp......

7. bisquick

they flow more....

Well if you look at the flow numbers, yes, the E7's do flow more than the stock GTXs.

BUT nothing says you can't port the GT'x.... :p
    Plus you get the benefit of aluminum heads.

I tend to like steel just for the durability aspect. If you detonate with AL you stand a chance of easily melting something, hopfully you won't keep your foot in it while the engine is detonating.

Steel is a more durable. But as you know downside is heat retention, weight, etc. etc.

Anyways good luck
    -bix

8. gtmustang98

I would like to get as close to 500rwhp as possible without 16psi. Maybe 12-13?

9. JVENOM

very possible...i believe.