1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

do you have to 2 step a aod with a transbrake to build boost?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ziptie007, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ziptie007

ok here's the question. do you have to 2 step a aod with a transbrake to build boost at a launch like you do with a stick? I have a aod with a lentech manual valve body with a trans brake and due a wiring problem I havnt tryed it out yet. so I figured there has to be a couple of guys on here that would know. Thanx

2. WaterPog

If the converter is correct you won't need the 2-step to build boost on the trans brake.

You will likely need it to limit your launch rpm and/or boost so that you don't do a 2nd burnout at the line.

3. Enginerd

You should be able to make boost no problem just with the transbrake. The problem is controlling rpm and boost. On my car once it starts making boost on the transbrake, the rpms shoot way up. The boost shoots up also. If I sat on the brake long enough I'm sure it would rev to the limiter. The suspension will not handle 6000+rpm/18psi launches, so I need to limit these two numbers. I used to just watch the tach and launch when I saw about 4000rpm. This usually equated to about 10psi, which is about close to what my suspension can handle (on slicks). Now I use a 2 step with the brake to limit my rpm. This still doesn't limit my boost, so I'm going to try the staged boost on my E-boost controller hooked in with the transbrake switch.

Rob

4. ziptie007

ahhhh i see. When I had my car a stick i had to 2 step it at 3000 to get about 5-6 psi and then as soon I let off the clutch and button the 2 step would let go.

well thanx for the info.