1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

okay guys I give up already. turbo ID help!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by oso, Dec 7, 2005.

1. oso

I can't for the life of me figure out what this thing is. I've googled the two things that my friend told me it was, and I've googled every fucking number on this turbo and searched the boards. I can't find a single pic that looks like it and can't find any numbers that match.

I was told it's a Garrett 62-1, and then I was told if it's not that it might be a te-44. Well I need to know like soon because I need to get some cash to move....... and I'm stuck here like the fuck?

Here are the pics and the info I know
    the hotside is 2 3/4" (where the impeller dealy is) and 2 1/4" (where the impeller dealy is not)
    the cold side is 3" (where the impeller dealy is) and 1 3/4 (where the impeller dealy is not) *sorry for getting all technical*

The cold side also has in raised letters on the outside a|r .60 M24 (and then an "L" with a box around it) and says Garrett (so I'm assuming it's a Garrett turbo) and it has .60 stamped on the inside

The hotside has nothing stamped on it but Precision

Inbetween the hotside and coldside is stamped 430 633 in this area shown more towards the hot side

I'm just stuck, I've searched my little heart out and I can't find shit. If you guys can be of any help towards getting me compressor maps and any more specifics and shit it'd be great because I dont' want to sell it as something it's not. THANK YOU ALL!!

*edit to add* I will send nude pics of some girls I know VIA email to the first person who can correctly ID this turbo for me. Thanks again

2. Eric88T

Looks like its for a turbobuick, and yes a T44 is an accurate guess.  My old PT64 had those same castings on the compressor housing so that might not tell you much.

The best way to know would be to take the compressor cover off and measure the exducer and major. 

3. oso

actually yeah it came off of a GN. t44 you say? guess i'll just go with that thanks eric

4. knkfiend

eric,

did you get your b00bie pics yet?

5. JZ 97 SS 1500

Measure the inducer and exducer on both sides of the turbo. Very easy to remove the compressor cover and turbine housing.

[​IMG]#ad

Just write down the measurements for DP and DG, we can then calculate which unit it is and trim as well if it happens to be something other then the usual.

Jose

6. Eric88T

No......hes like those 'free registration' pr0n sites.....its never free :(

7. oso

you never have me your email addy, nukkah.
    This content is protected
    just email me and tell me who you are and i'll send like 10 out

8. oso

right on, i'll give that a go when i get back later today

9. oso

okay i'm in the garage pulling this sumbitch apart....

Cold side:

DP - 2 3/4"
    DG - 3 3/4"

Hotside

DP - 2 1/2"
    DG - 3 1/2"

so the million dollar question... what is this?

10. oso

Anyone? Anyone? :D

11. Eric88T

Did you measure it with your fingers? ;)

Your #'s are way to high for that turbo. You need to buy/borrow a set of calipers and try again

12. svooh

T04B compressor housing with what appears to be a T66 compressor wheel...maybe something smaller like T63, but it's definitely a T-series wheel.

The turbine wheel looks like a P-trim. It's clippd too. That's a nice turbo. I don't know for sure what Precision would call it. But I would say it's a "T04B T-63 (or T66)/ P-trim." :cool3:

13. oso

lol I used a ruler, fool.

I'll pull it apart tomorrow and take pics of it I guess if it would help.

Thanks, man. What is clipped though? I'm not up on a lot of this turbo-speak. If I called precision do you think they could tell me what it is that I have or would they tell me to fuck off? Thanks again