1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tial 44 good and/or too big

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by whplsh50, Dec 17, 2005.

1. whplsh50

Got a BB precision 67 on the way. Will need to start out with really low boost on my 2V 4.6, maybe 3-4 lbs. Anyway, would a 38 be too small to get boost that low, and/or would a 44 be too big?

2. 1slow86stangGT

I would think the 38mm should be fine in the right placement on a 281ci motor. but you do want low low boost. if you can swing the 44mm get it. also it has V-band flanges which makes it sooo much easier to take off and on.

3. whplsh50

cool, kinda what I was thinking :2thumbs:

4. 1Hot89Lx

I would take a look at the Turbosmart 38mm wastegate, jose from forced inductions did some testing with this against the Tial 38mm and has reported the Turbosmart being able to hold rock solid at a much lower psi....I think there should be a few good posts floating around here with more info if your interested.

Justin