1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Possible injector location?

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by koboldwrangler, Aug 26, 2021.

1. koboldwrangler

Hello--

Just curious, do you think this would be a "decent" place for a water / meth nozzle? Its the egr port on the intake. Figured mounting it there would also benefit manifold temperatures as the motor I'm working on has a reverse flow head, and the intake is literally bolted the exhaust manifold.

Also, what gph nozzle do you think I should run? I know theres a bunch of variables, but I am looking at maybe a 3-5gph nozzle using a shurflo pump.

InkedMF2904F_LI.jpg #ad

MF2904F.jpg #ad

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  2. Disney Lincoln

A crossflow head has the intake and exhaust on opposite sides.

I'm not up on the carb systems. Any opportunity to use E85?

3. koboldwrangler

Oh whoops. Guess my setup is a reverse flow. Got the terms mixed up.

No. The entire fuel system has to get retrofitted to run it. Plus, e85 is not common around me.

4. B E N

Since you are non intercooled put the meth injection as far away from the chamber as possible, IE as close to the intake filter as possible.

5. koboldwrangler

Why's that? To get the charge as cool as possible?

Also, I may use something like this for the nozzle. I'll probably plug the sensor bung and drill a new hole since the provided bung is meant for a long coolant sensor, not a short spray nozzle.

I'm using 2" piping on all my stuff, so it shouldnt be too hard to get silicone couplers to stretch 1/16".

6. B E N

Yes, you want the water methanol to have as much time in the airstream as possible. That will maximize the volume of mix you can add to the system.

7. koboldwrangler

Ordered everything to DIY it. Almost would have been cheaper to buy a stage 1 kit...Only downside is you get a small resevoir and a really short hose to connect everything.

Used devilsown calculator for a nozzle size. It recommended a 1.06gph nozzle. Picked up an Acadia resevoir and got the neck modified so it'll fit under my cargo cover. Plan is to reconnect all the wipers to the acadia resevoir, then add the injector stuff to it as well. It has a low level sensor, so the plan with that is to run it to one of the unused warning lights either in the gauge cluster or the surround, and have a flasher relay inline so when its low, it'll start flashing on the dash.