1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DIY turbo setup dyno numbers UPDATE: 8/7/07 now with DYNOJET info

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by turbogt, Aug 2, 2007.

1. turbogt

381rwhp @ 5100
    401 ft/tq @ 4600

19psi on pump gas with an AOD
    mustang dyno
    Should be about 500 flywheel hp because of the mustang dyno and AOD
    Motor is a 100% stock longblock with a 165k on it
    The buildup is in my sig

2. DerekC

Re: DIY turbo setup dyno numbers

Numbers seem a little low for that level of boost, but at least your is running. Congrats ;)

3. turbogt

When I was on the dyno the tech running it couldn't believe how much power it was making. He's had big cubic inch motors, blowers, nitrous you name it and they didn't come close to these numbers. From my 15psi track times I know I'm making at least 500fwhp and about 550fw/tq. The mustang dyno calculation is lower because it's a better real world measurement. Guess I'll have to go on a dynojet and install a 5-speed to get big numbers :D

4. Don Bailey

Todd,

were you running the patented combination of pump gas, water injection, meth injection, benzene and acetone for fuel?

5. turbogt

Yep and don't forget the dab of nitro into the mix ;)

6. zboss86

I'm glad to see some one else post some realist numbers with their kit. I ran 320 rwhp @ 5100rpms with 380 ft/lbs of torque at 4600rpms through an AODE with 10 lbs of boost with pump gas. This was also through a bone stock engine, 64E turbo, and mustang dyno.

I'd like to see your dyno graph and what kind of times your running... I would bet we're real close.

7. turbogt

I don't have the graphs available to post up I bet your right!

8. turbogt

Went to the dyno today but instead of a Mustang Dyno I used a dynojet. I didn't change anything on the tune and the boost was still around 19psi. The pic below shows the info but it made 412HP and 431TQ to the tire.

dynojetinfo.jpg #ad

9. TwoFastT3s

What's going on at 5100 rpm? Seems to be falling on it's face?

10. Fathouse

Is that a boost trace on the bottem? What do you use for boost control, looks very lazy.

11. turbogt

yeah the power definetely falls off but I'm not sure why? Boost still goes up and the air/fuel ratio is good so something else is up.

12. turbogt

it's just a 5-dollar regulator

13. TwoFastT3s

It's prob the stock valve springs fighting with the 19lbs of boost.... :2thumbs:

14. Fathouse

You should put a ball and spring type controller on it, or use your regulator to put air to the top of the gate. Prolly pick up alot of midrange tq/hp

Fathouse

15. turbogt

I bet your right :D

I was talking with a friend of mine about how I can't get anymore boost and he mentioned my backpressure might be too high. I don't have a gauge to measure so I'm not sure if it's spiking very high and preventing the turbo from spinning any faster. But my downpipe is a very big restriction as where it makes the 90 degree turn down the firewall it was bent my a tubing bender at a muffler shop. It still has the crinkles from when it was bent and it's no way a 3" pipe anymore at that bend. It was also made into an oval shape from the bend and I bet it's equivalent to a 2 3/4" or maybe even 2 1/2" pipe! I would love to unhook the downpipe from the rest of the exhaust and see what I pick up but it's a major pain in the ass to rehook everything up.

16. turbogt

Do you have a link to that kind of controller? I'm already putting air on top of the gate with my manual boost controller now. I only have an 9psi spring in the wastegate.