1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

diy sn95 single turbo build any suggestions?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by stang4u2nv, May 30, 2007.

1. stang4u2nv

Hey guys great site many great people here. to the fabbing. i got a bone stock 95 mustang gt and want to go turbo !yes!!!!. question is which is the best wastegate i could use a 38mm or a 40mm any brands or what? also i want to use my long tube headers which are an 1 3/4 make ay pipe and reroute it all the way under the fender and come out into the engine bay from the passenger side, i'll be using a flex pipe of course and should i use my stock x pipe connectors on the headers or should i weld the pipe on the headers flange. any help would be appreciated as i haven't seen anyone do this you know through the fender and stuff. my turbo is a a 60 a/r cold side and .81 exhaust side would it work i'm only looking from 8 - 10 psi. thanks :chacha:

2. blacksaleen95

step away from the keyboard! You're making much more work for yourself than needed. Sell those long tubes, get some shortys, turn them forward, make a pipe connecting the two run up to the turbo (pass side) run a downpipe out pass side, and be done with it. Much less work and fabbing. Stay way from flex pipe, it won't last. You usually only use one flex joint, and that is between the pipe that connects the two sides together. You'll want to run a 40mm wg minimum if you plan on running lower boost. A 38 will not keep the boost down and you'd most likely have lots of boost creep. Jgs makes some really nice wg's, I'm running a tial 38 right now, wish I had the 40.