1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

diy meth injection

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by djsm, Mar 14, 2015.

1. djsm

has anyone used meth injection kits from hydro hp? I was going to build my own using surflow pump and carr mcmasters stuff and triped over hydro hp on the internet. looks like same pump and carr mcmasters check valve and fittings. the price was the same as I would have to pay and I don't have to parts hunt. just wondered if anyone has used there kits. this is going on a blowthru.

2. xr8tt

I have fitted Devels Own on a RV powered 6.5 GM diesel non inter cooled V8 .. For $300 it's cleaned up combustion chambers .. Starts MUCH easier only used on hills . As you said most pumps are the same .. The hoses and jets can be bought off anyone ..
    200lb+ pressure sure atomises water / meth .. I use 80/20 ethanol ( metholated spirits ) mix as it's easier to purchase at most fuel stations ..

3. pavementpounder

4. djsm

thanks for the info guys.

5. Forcefed86

The hydro hp T1 kit is a joke... 100psi pump with a 22psi check valve? So your now spraying at 78psi... then add 20lbs of boost and your at 58psi? You want 100psi minimum at the nozzle. Need to factory in your check valve, and manifold pressures. Their T2 kit isn't a great deal... I'd look to Devils own personally. Great pump... reasonable prices.

6. djsm

I understand what your saying but: 1. everybody uses 22 lb check valves. 2. most of the kits use surflow pumps. the screw is set to 60 lbs from factory and 2 minutes with a screwdriver gets you 100 lbs. all but the big dollar pumps use the same internal parts. the 150 lb pumps are expensive. 3. the nozzle is a 4 dollar item from carr-mcmasters that mists at 40 lbs. more pressure on the nozzle just increases the quanity of mist. don't think the mist pattern changes or gets finer with more pressure. this is a street car with 12 lbs max on a blow thru. my car wouldn't go 8.9 and 160 mph if it fell out of a tree. if im in error, feel free to let me know.

7. Forcefed86

1. Many use lower pressure check valves. 16ps or less is common. The point is if you run 12lbs of boost and a 22lb check valve Your 100psi is already down to 66 at the nozzle. Nozzles flows are ated at 100psi. So your flowing less that that nozzles is rated for and the atomization at 66psi will be poor.

2. Shur flo has MANY different pumps, many different internal parts. Not all are set to 60 or max out at 100. Not all are adjustable. Tons of different factors here. The latest pumps put out 300ish psi and are $135.

3. Because is "mists" doesn't mean it's misting well. Not all nozzles are created equal. The more pressure used, the better the atomization is.

Regardless of how fast your car is... The kit mentioned above is crap IMO.

8. ocshaman

You can piece one together for around that price, or pick up a used kit, and have most of what you need with the money leftover to replace anything that goes bad. If you aren't going progressive then the pump pressure won't necessarily matter. The aquatec pump is newer and better, especially if you are running smaller nozzles.

You could find a progressive kit and tank for the $250 they are asking for their two stage. At least they are getting the 3/8" pre-pump hose right.