1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who has the best 321 ss selection?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by lrostosky, Nov 18, 2010.

1. lrostosky

Hey everyone,
    I am new to the board and I am looking into fabbing some turbo kits. I am wondering who has the best selection and prices for 321 ss tubing and flanges. This is going to be for 2v and 4v 4.6 mustangs so looking for applicable sizes and mainly like t4 and standard wastegate flanges in 321. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    -Lee

2. 10secgoal

What are you looking for ? I have pretty good prices I think ;)

3. Runnin L8

You might check a local diesel performance shop. Sometimes those guys throw away 3-3.5 inch stock exhaust systems. The stuff I've been picking up has flanges, bends, and hangers.

I can't remember what grade of stainless it is. It does "rust" after exposure.

4. 10secgoal

409. A ways down the ladder than 321 :D

5. NewTune

400 series stainless (409.410,411,etc.) does discolor due to higher iron content but to call it rust, I believe, is kind of misleading.

6. Runnin L8

"400 series stainless (409.410,411,etc.) does discolor due to higher iron content but to call it rust, I believe, is kind of misleading"

Agreed.

Discolor is a better descripton. You can hit it with a wire wheel and it always shines back up.

7. Fury Fan

Irostosky -
    there's no single oasis of selection and price on turbo piping items. There are a bunch of vendors out there, all sell some of the same stuff, some have some unique items, lots of them have prices comparable enough that shipping cost can sway your decision. And there's ebay on top of that.

Unless you have a specific grocery list that someone else has already shopped, you'll hafta navigate the waters yourself - we're all in the same boat.

Now, after you have a proven kit designed, send your list to several vendors and have them quote to be a supplier.

8. Stangguy

SPD Exhuast