1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. onefaststang

We are considering a trip to disney. For those of you who have been, did you do everything (hotel, tickets, etc) through disney or did you do hotel through an outside source like expedia?

2. Briansshop

Been about 5 times. Always a great time. We just go through Disney for everything. Staying on Disney property makes it much easier to get around. There's transportation to all the parks,so no stress about parking,traffic,... For me, it's one of the most laid back,relaxing vacations out there. It ain't cheap though!

3. MONTEGOD7SS

Like he said, how much money you put to it will absolutely affect how much you enjoy it. Being on Disney property or at least one of the major off property hotels that run shuttles is a necessity to me. I have been more times than I could really count, but that's just because I grew up and have family so close. Personally, Animal Kingdom is my favorite, probably tied with Magic Kingdom, because well, it's the Magic Kingdom. I also really love Epcot, but some folks just don't "get it" enough to enjoy it.

4. Disney Lincoln

Might wanna call and ask me first. I tend to shoot ya if I don't know ya.

5. mustang-junky

My wife wants to take the kids to Disney. If you could get some of your neighbors to put some costumes on, I could stop by and help you drop that turbo kit in your '79.

Jess

6. Kerrdogg

Call Disney direct, they have packages that are well thought out to make the most of your day and budget. I have been easily 70 - 80 times, have stayed at Fort Wilderness (you can rent cabins), off the main campus at the Caribbean Beach Hotel (a lower priced regular hotel with all the Disney features) and at the Contemporary Hotel and Grand Floridian ($400 - $800 a night for a suite). What ever you plan bring comfortable shoes (you are walking on Blacktop), sunscreen and light colored clothes it's still hitting 80* here and the park is solid black top everywhere, with little shade except indoors.

7. Briansshop

^^ Love the cabins at Fort Wilderness stayed there every time.

8. Kevins89notch5.0

Yeah, some basics have been covered. Staying on property is a lot easier as disney has their own bus system. Even Disney's cheapest resorts are nicer than a Holiday Inn, so don't worry about going cheap. Plus if it is your first trip, you'll want to see everything, and do everything. The room is just a place where you'll get 6 hours of sleep in between all the fun. After 3, 5, 10 visits then people start going to the nicer resorts, just enjoying some pool time, the restaurants, and less crowded items like the golf courses, etc.

Disney has kids pricing for ages 3-9. 10 and above are adult pricing, so it may pay to go sooner than put it off a couple years.

They do special promotions on non-peak seasons. Right after "back to school" is one prime example. I think in the past they're ran something like buy 4 nights, get 3 free as select resorts.

Also look into disney's dining plan. Around the back to school time, they offer is as a FREE promotion to get more people in. Google "disney free dining plan and you should get lots of hits. The dining plan is like $40 a day or more for adults normally, and every day includes a snack, a counter service meal(aka sandwich and fries from a window), and a sit down meal(you get a server, $25+ a person, etc). All you have to pay are the tips, and alcohol if you want it.

9. onefaststang

Well, the trip is boked.
    We are staying at the port orleans resort. Read a lot of good things about it, and out has acool slide in the pool for the kids. I guess we are also doing the meal plan.

10. BlownShovel

X2 Maybe we can get a group discount. Let me know when you are ready ;-)

11. blown385

12. Kevins89notch5.0

Reservations for restaurants can be booked 180 days in advance, and they do go fast. Crazy disney fanatics are up at 6am 180 days out hitting redial waiting for an answer. You may want to start researching restaurants now and book when possible. Otherwise you options may be dinner at 5pm, a 90 minute wait around 7pm, or eating at 9pm. Just a FYI.

13. Cox Abele

Well, I've also booked a vacation in Florida for the end of Feb. The trip is jam packed, but I've left one day free in order to visit Disney.

I haven't found any "good" deals on adult, 1-day, single park passes. We don't have time to go to any other parks. I'm seeing tickets around $90 a piece but know I can do better than that.

Anyone have any advice how to get cheaper tickets? AAA member discount maybe?