1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

difference in dyno #'s between stick and auto cars

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by White Cobra331, Mar 10, 2003.

1. White Cobra331

What is the difference in rwhp on a manual compared to C-4. I realize a loose converter can have a huge effect on the number but my converter is only a 3200 stall. Say a car makes 500rwhp with a C-4, what would that be with a stick car. I hope someone has actually done this to give an actual case but if not then any info will help. thanks

2. 8urls1

cant be answered exactly

NO one can asnwer that question corectly..

as every single convertor even the same stall speed but two dif manufactures will have a diferent efect on rear wheel horsepower readings.

the looser the worse it will be..

I dynoed a car that made 650 on a engine dyno with the same headers that were in the car and the car made 430 on the chasis dyno with a 4500 stall in it.

murillos motor dynoed 1715 on a engine dyno yet only showed 1200 on chassis dyno ..