1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DFI Gen 7 v4 datalogging issues

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by saleen578, Jun 2, 2006.

1. saleen578

I am a newbie to DFI and seemed to have gotten my na 347 ford running ok to start with, but as soon as I enter the datalogging screen, calmap goes offline and I get the "too many com errors" screen. As soon as I hit ok to the error and esc to the main dashboard I can hit F9 and be back online with ECM in seconds. At no other time do I ever get kicked offline except when trying to datalog. Using calmap version 4 on win XP SP2 laptop that actually still has serial port. Wondering if any of you have experienced this?

2. my8950

same thing happened when i had the version 4, and tonight even too with version 5...I guess that answers my question of it being my laptop or what...

3. mtpturbo

I have never run into that, however my laptop is still on Win98. You might try an older laptop.

Chris S.
    Midwest Turbo & Performance
    www.mtpturbo.com

4. Old Buzzard

We have used both versions, and have zero problems with being booted off. We are using COMPAQ's with XP. We are using a USB adapter.
    On ver 4, we have to rt clik the online button, choose the com port, and hit enter. Ver 5 does that for you... Wouldthat cause a problem??