1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. fastwhite86gt

I am curious to see how many people have gotten away with no chip in their fox bodies. I am curious to those who have no chip how it runs and what kind of power it makes/times it runs with your combo?

2. jspeedmustang

I ran my Fox (89 GT) without a chip just had a cal'd MAF and the right injectors. I had to adjust the FP and used a BTM. I have to ask why do not want a chip or some form of tuning it will run so much better. I could try to tune my FP but it was never right and sometimes it would idel funny. There are so many options out there from any price range basic chip tune ~300, MegaSquirt (What I am using) ~300-400 depending how you want to do it, ~350-550 for the twEECer, ~900 for the Anderson PMS (which is also nice because no laptop is needed, and ~1600 for the AEM I know there are others but I don't know anything about them I have used a MS and a AEM I have played with a PMS and Tweecer.

3. fastwhite86gt

if i could find a basic chip tune for 300, i'd do it! but around here, its all 500 and up. if i cant find something for 300, which i would prefer, i'm going to look into megasquirt.

4. jspeedmustang

I am sorry they are about 300 for a mail order tune 500 with dyno tuning