1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Damaged blade tip

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Xtremefd, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Xtremefd

Hi guys,
    I have an issue with my turbo and like some help if someone knows. I removed my compressor housing and I accidentaly hit the blade and they bent a little. When i tried to straighten them it chopped of. Will this cause me an issue on turbo efficiency or will it affect the balancing?

Regards, Thomas

CF3997B7-3A0A-492F-92F0-74B6C6A0CD1F.jpeg #ad

2. bbi_turbos

Yes to both. Time for new wheel.

3. F4K

I know its too late but. I never ever remove the housings from my reliable daily driver turbos. If I need a different turbo I buy a different turbo. Its not worth the risk to me. Many people will say 'its fine' but I think you learned the hard way it isn't always just fine.