1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 99+ 3.8L Turbo- IC Question (powerstroke)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TurboSix, Feb 11, 2003.

1. TurboSix

Hey everyone.. I have a 2000 3.8L Mustang, with a Custom Turbo setup (T-04B).

I was interested in the Powerstroke's Intercooler.. and wanted some input about it (and whether or not it would work out).

Is this an Intercooler that you would reccomend for my application ?

And most importantly, the fit... I've heard mixed things about whether or not it will fit in 94+ cars. If it will be a problem, where does the problem come into play? (Is it too thick, too long/tall ?)

Let me know what you think I should do, I like this intercooler because it is Big, available, and cheap. Thanks!

2. TurboSix

bump... Anyone have some info on the Powerstroke IC.. (specifically for use on a 94+)

3. TurboSix

No-one here has used, or knows anything about the Powerstroke IC??

4. Superskwrl

I cant see a power stroke ic fitting into any mustang easily/without a lot of work.

I read on the blowthrough carb board a guy with a BBC loosing 5psi across the ic on moderate boost level's something like blower making 17-20, engine seein 12-15

Good Luck

5. MORA

I think you should get a custom intercooler.

How about some pics of your set-up?

6. dman

yeah, i don't see you needing that intercooler.. your better off trying to find a pro-charger intercooler for a 99-up car. i'm sure someone is selling theirs to step up to the new sheet metal tank version.

7. dman

oh, turbo buicks can easily make around 400hp through their stock intercoolers... maybe you could try to find one of those used.

8. TurboSix

Thanks.. yea, the powerstroke IC is pretty damn big (but its also cheap).

What do you guys think about welding together 2 or 3 Cores from a Saab 900, or Probe/MX-6 ?