1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CXRacing Turbo Kit Purchase

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by juniorkv, Apr 5, 2013.

1. juniorkv

Yesterday I orderd the CXRacing complete turbo kit for my '93 5.0. The kit comes with the hotside (including downpipe and y-pipe); the cold side (w/intercooler); 60mm wastegate (12 lb spring); BOV; and 76mm turbo (upgraded to the ball bearing model).

here is the link to the kit: http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...B-KIT-MUSTANG-50-T76-IC&Category_Code=MSLMSTG

I know the stuff is manufactured in China. I am starting this thread to let everyone know my experience with CXRacing and how the kit installs and performs. I will keep the thread updated with pictures and progress periodically.

So far my experience is positive, I orderd the kit around noon EST and when I woke up today I had an email with a tracking number for two shipments expected to be delivered on April 10 via FedEx. Prior to ordering I made several calls to CXRacing (in California) about the kit and was able to speak with their technicians who seemed knowledgable about the kit.

Ken

2. stangman9897

It kinda worries me when the company im buying a turbo or kit from spells turbine "turbin" LOL

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

I'm not even knocking china stuff anymore. Its not going to be super quality but that's OK when you don't have to wait a year for it.

Subscribing.

4. stangman9897

If you did you would have to throw away 50% of everything you owned.

5. reef

that cold side pipe blocks the upper radaitor hose outlet..wtf....

the fact its Stainless and it $2k was enough for me to say no...dare i say on3's kit is a better deal and mild steel...LOL

6. madspeed

yeah i love that they dont show pics of that with the upper radiator hose on it. I also like the busted up GT front bumper cover, they pull that car out of a scrap yard? For their showpiece id expect a litter better, even from China

7. Turbo-Box

That driver's side header makes me want to run and hide.

8. PrecisionTurboMustang

Just makes you have to wonder what idiot designed that p..o..s.

9. juniorkv

Yes, they need to learn how to proof read ...

I didn't think the piping blocked the upper hose. If so, I don't think it will be a problem to fabricate a modification either to the radiator hose routing or the pipe (I already have to change that pipe anyway, I can't mount my MAF that close to the bend at the TB and within that close of proximity to the BOV; going to have that pipe modified).

From the research I have done, CXRacing is an American company, domiciled in California. they design their products in California and have them manufactured in China. I do believe I remember the parts guy at a Ford dealership telling me there would be a delay in getting a Ford part for my seats once due to problems in Japan for the parts, does that make Ford a Japanese company? Yes, CXRacing has an organized company in China to perform the manufacturing for them. As someone said above, take a look at what you have and see just how much of it is actually made in the U.S.A.

The kit came today. Everything was professionally wrapped/boxed. I will upload pictures later tonight or tomorrow of the components. The Turbo shaft has no play in it.

-Ken

10. juniorkv

DSC_0257.jpg #ad
    DSC_0260.jpg #ad

I have to reduce the size of the other pictures, they are over 5mb

DSC_0257.jpg #ad

DSC_0260.jpg #ad

11. madspeed

Ill bet that purty black leather sofa wasnt made in the USA either :p

12. redhoss

Could we see some pictures of the car before and during and after?

PS. with those high down pipes get your plugs right before you put those on.

I have had troubel with my header bolt heads being to big. I ordered some stainless from summit that worked well. with small heads so a wrench would work with out hitting the headers.

13. juniorkv

I'm in the process of changing from the Cobra intake to the Edelbrock Performer RPM.

Good advice on the plugs and header bolts. I need to get the right plugs and gap still as well. I found a thread a while ago with that information.

DSC_0002.jpg #ad
    DSC_0003.jpg #ad
    DSC_0008.jpg #ad
    DSC_0009.jpg #ad
    DSC_0010.jpg #ad
    DSC_0011.jpg #ad

DSC_0004.jpg #ad
    DSC_0006.jpg #ad

DSC_0004.jpg #ad

DSC_0006.jpg #ad

DSC_0002.jpg #ad

DSC_0003.jpg #ad

DSC_0008.jpg #ad

DSC_0009.jpg #ad

DSC_0010.jpg #ad

DSC_0011.jpg #ad

14. stangman9897

The headers don't look bad, i would lay a straight edge on the flanges before you bolt them on and make sure there flat, and im not saying this because it's a CXR kit , i would check the flange flatness no matter who made it. Easier to fix it now than to have to pull them off after they are on the car.

Clean looking Fox.

15. jaredsamurai

yeah that driver header doesn't look like the abortion in the ad picture on the website

16. juniorkv

The pic above is the passenger side. The driver's side is a crazy looking long tube like design, just like the one in the thread I posted. I stuck a level (the only straight edge I have) on the headers. The passenger side is good to go. Driver's side has a slight sag in the center (two cylinders wide). It isn't too much, when I install it the bolts should bring it in. Thanks for the advice Stangman. I put my lower intake and valve covers on today. I need to make a pcv trap before I install the upper. Probably pick the parts up tomorrow at the hardware store and get the upper installed. After that I'll start taking the exhaust off!!

Thanks for the compliment Stangman. I've had her since '95. My Dad bought her new and I bought her from my Dad in '95 (we kinda trade cars lol) (I still have the window sticker). I daily drove her 'till about 2003. She has 160,000 miles and no major repairs. She's been a garage queen since then. I can't wait to get her back on the road once I finish this install.

Here's what I have done to date:

1993 Mustang 5.0 Notchback; Edelbrock Performer RPM upper and lower; Cobra heads (exhaust ported) w/1.7 Crane Cams roller rockers; F-cam; 65mm throttle body; MAC Shorties with 2.5" H-Pipe (soon to be replaced) w/Borla mufflers; T-Rex 195 l/hr fuel pump; Fluidyne aluminum radiator; '95 Mustang master cylinder w/Wilwood proportioning valve; SN95 rear end (3.73); '03 Cobra hubs and front brakes w/SN95 spindles; Eibach lowering springs w/Koni fully adjustable reds up front and adjustable yellows in the rear; BBK camber casters; Tremec 5-speed; aluminum drive shaft; Maximum Motorsports lower control arms; Enkei ('06 Infinity M45) split 5 spoke 19" wheels. (lots of interior stuff not worth mentioning in this venue)

17. jaredsamurai

There is also a pic of the driver header in your pics but it must just be the angle its taken at because it doesn't look all loopy like he one in the add.

driver header.jpg #ad

18. juniorkv

Yeah, that's the passenger side you posted. I'll post pics of the driver's side when I get home tonight.

19. jaredsamurai

Dang so this is the same as the other pic? It's amazing what different angles will do
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366138976.321625.jpg #ad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366138976.321625.jpg #ad

20. juniorkv

Yep, that's still the passenger side. Here is the driver's side and the two of them together.
    DSC_0001.jpg #ad
    DSC_0002.jpg #ad
    DSC_0003.jpg #ad
    DSC_0004.jpg #ad

DSC_0001.jpg #ad

DSC_0002.jpg #ad

DSC_0003.jpg #ad

DSC_0004.jpg #ad