1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cx Racing T3/T04e turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by boostcreep81, Jul 30, 2016.

1. boostcreep81

Curious if anyone has ran these on here? A lot of Honda and DSM guys have decent luck with them, especially in recent years. Apparently better luck than from other vendors with the same turbos. I'm sure they come from the same China factory, they just cost a lil more from CX since I guess they go through them and makes sure the balance is right. Oil restrictor are necessary on these to prevent the seals from blowing but as long as they're kept in lower boost levels, like 15 psi and lower, they seem to live.

So if anyone has used their turbos on say a 4cyl or 6cyl, let's hear it.

And I know you get what you pay for but this turbo might be going on a 2.0l in a $500 car I pieced together for a DD. If it lasts 5-10K miles til I upgrade to a garrett I'd be happy. Just using it to get the setup built and go from there.

Looking at the t3/to4e .63/.60
    They say 50 trim but, doing the math, it's actually a 44 trim

2. Disney Lincoln

I've ran some before. Never had a problem. I have two new ones ready to go on my Lincoln when I get around to building a new kit. Open them up and clean them when you get them. Other than that, they are ready to go.

3. luckythirteen13

i ran a pair of them on my sbf. ran great at 15psi. when i turned the boost up, the exhaust side became a restriction. 2 of them together are known for making out at 650rwhp or 325 for 1. one lasted 8 years with no issues.

4. boostcreep81

Ok cool, I know they cost a lil more than the DNA motoring ones but this has the .60 compressor housing which is more efficient and CX balances their's in house.
    Good to know guys! I already ordered my 38mm mini gate from wyntonm and will be buying my manifold and turbo later this month. Looking for 250-300whp out of my elantra and this turbo should fit the bill.
    Going with an AEM FI/C and 630cc injectors. Should be good for more than the motor can handle, cuz I know I'll crank the boost later!

5. Rickracer

Running a pair of 57mm one on my Vega, they DEFINITELY need oil restrictors, I think I'm down to .035" or .040" now with my spare motor, which has higher oil pressure than my good motor did. Aside from that, what's not to like about $140 turbos that work great? They have taken me to 9.60s so far. :cool: