1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cut 2 holes in the hood today.

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Limey tri Chevy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Limey tri Chevy

Got out the 5" hole saw, jig saw and a small porting attachment on a little drill yesterday and cut a hole in the hood for the intercooler tubes to come through.

Then I realised that the blow off valve (BOV)for the blower was hitting the underside of the hood making it difficult to get the dzus clips to sit down.

So today I made a small hole with a 2" hole saw to see how much it was interfering with the hood. By the time I had finished I had a shaped hole for it to sit about 1/4" proud of the hood. I was going to lengthen the tube to have it sit further out but I kinda like it as is.

2. 86lxnotch

i dont have the patience for that type of trimming.......i woulda said screw the hood lol

3. conbread

that BOV is going to open your hood for you!!! looks good man it takes some time to cut the hood out..

4. botietr

I had to cut mine for the turbo to hang out..lol

DSC00315.JPG #ad

DSC00316.JPG #ad

5. amatx

Hood looks great, i'm yet to take the sawzall out on mine, lol how's the wiring coming on? i bought a harness from steve the other day, seems dead sound.

6. Limey tri Chevy

Mat
    Steve is going to wire the street legal components on one of his rebel kits and rewire the Painless set up to the engine so they are seperate systems. Just got to get all the plumbing sorted and a few more lights fixed in place then he can start. Yea real knowledgeable guy and worth giving him the job if your wiring is a bit suspect!

7. 59rat

Looks good, BUT it will only clear while sitting still. Trust me your going to need more clearance around them once you start hitting on it hard. Stuff moves around & scratches up the pipes BOV. Rod

8. Limey tri Chevy

Rod, thanks for that. When it stops snowing I will clearance the tube a little more where it drops back into the hood.

9. 2stangs8689

I feel your pain too, I have a 4" cowl hood, and I STILL had to cut a hole in it. :bah: With solid mounts, you shouldn't get too much movement, but a 1/8th of an inch on each side you'll be OK.

10. Turbohwagon

Function over looks anytime. I like the BOV cut out :2thumbs: