1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Crutch and Vent Tubes

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by 63futura, Oct 7, 2013.

1. 63futura

Has anyone been running Crutch setup with vent tubes ?
    Im having an issue with what I think is the powervalves being pushed shut by the vent tubes
    Basicly AFRs jump from 10.5-12.8 under boost
    Once ive put another bottom end together as this one spun a bearing ill jet up and try with extensions but just wondering if anyone else has run both
    This is just a stock 5.0 with 66mm turbo on E85 with a 650 holley with annular boosters and modded blocks and crutch system with 40psi air pressure

2. blown385

Put air on the carb and listen for leaks . Have you checked pressure AT THE CARB to see if it 40psi ?

I have never used vent tube extensions .

3. 63futura

I have checked pressure at the carb and yeah its 40psi and cant hear any leaks
    Its amazing how much extra pressure the vent tubes add
    With a CSU BRPV ive had to set it to open at about 15psi to get it to work at 4psi just because ive added vent tubes
    Im thinking blocked HSAB and no vent tubes will be the way to go with the CRUTCH