1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

crazy lean conditions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by skipztt, Jul 20, 2008.

1. skipztt

oki have a plx wbo2, its the sm-afr and dm-5 gauge. i have rewired this thing and i still get stupid lean conditions. like anything from 14.0---20.0:1. i have the wiring in this thing perfect., so i dont think its in the wiring. im afraid to get on it when driving cause i want to keep my motor together :D..lol.

im thinking i have either a bad sensor or my 255 fuel pump is taking a crap. though its like a year old.

any suggestions on any other place to look???

2. Zacharyx

i would look at the sensor first

3. Enginerd

Sensor could be overheating. I used to have an LM1 and it would read like that when too hot.

Rob

4. Millhouse

When are you getting these lean conditions?

5. Robert1320

X2

Where is the sensor placed?

6. mtpturbo

What do the plugs look like? When you aren't sure whether or not you can trust your O2 readings, your plugs usually won't lie about whether it is lean or not..

-Chris

7. skipztt

i have the wbo2 sensor 12" away from the turbo. just like plx recommends. i get the lean condition at idle and even taking it around the block. pretty much i get it all the time. plugs look fine. i have the plx wired into the ecm to do both narrow and wideband. so my truck runs like shit all the time :(

8. Enginerd

12" seems way too close to the turbo. I had mine about 36" from the turbo with the Innovate LM1, and it overheated constantly. Did the same thing, rediculous lean numbers at idle. Mine would work correctly when the car was first started, but after driving a little, it would start acting like that.

Rob

9. Robert1320

:withu: at least 18" back!

10. skipztt

well yesterday i went to a buddys house and he has the exact same PLX WBO2. so i wired it in for him (the exact same way as mine) and guess what???

it runs perfectly fine...lol

also his wbo2 sensor is about 4" away from the turbo (factory location). mine is about 12" away. so i came to the conclusion that i have a shitty PLX box or sensor. anyway i can buy a brand new setup off a buddy so i might break down and buy it off him and cross my fingers and hope, his box or sensor is good.