1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Crank Trigger on MSD 7531/7535

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by TeeJay, Sep 17, 2009.

1. TeeJay

Is a crank trigger needed on these two boxes? I can't find any info on whether or not a crank trigger is needed. I know that it requires a map sensor, but my question really is will this box hook right into my MSD distributor if I just lock out timing and pull with the box. I have no idea what a crank trigger is even used for honestly... lmao. Forgive my ignorance.

2. jshiver

you don't have to use a crank trigger...A regular MSD distributer will work just fine. The crank trigger will make you graphs look smoother because the timing is more accurate.

3. 86lxnotch

like was said bud the trigger is for better timing and/or if you want to use the dizzy as a cam trigger so you have individual cylinder control with the box