1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Talking throttle bodys for 4v

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Feb 3, 2010.

1. yoteehunter

Is it worth it to go aftermarket T-body on a 4v. I could spend 300.00+ on a aftermarket or pic up a used stock T-body for 50-100.00 Im working on a B head 4v with hamilton clark intake and I was wondering if it was worth it to switch to an aftermarket throttle body or go stock? I wasnt sure if it would make any difference and I hate to spend money on stuff I may not need.

2. 99TTGT

Accufab

pm# shane he use to run same intake combo

3. juxtoposed

Sounds like you don't have one at all, so before I spent money on a stock one I'd buy a Accufab one, but I have been 9.30 on a stock one too.

4. yoteehunter

Your right I dont have one. Thats why I was asking. I wasnt sure if I should spend the extra money or not. I know they dont do anything for a stock engine but I wasnt sure about it since Im built and turbo.

5. Turbo Terror

I always run them on the high hp cars I build but have never done a comparison so I can't tell you if it is worth it hp per $ but if you have to buy one anyway you cant go wrong with a new piece from accufab

6. GoldenHP

i gpt a stocker now andmaybe i will buy an aftermarket piece later i will post resultswhen i get them

7. blackonblacksls

I dont think throttle body is a big deal in a preboost situation.... I have an old bullitt throttle body you can have for 30 bucks shipped.. its polished, and have knife edged blades.

8. autosay97

Accufab shows what the stocker flows, its like 1080 cfm which is nuts. Remember the ole stock 302's came with 57mm from the factory? If I am not mistaken the stock cobra is like twin 57mm or twin 52mm...its overkill out the box on a 281ci engine.

I am running a N/A b head deal also and do not plan to waste my money on a tb until I put the turbo on.