1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cowl hood visibility for a short guy (5'7")

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by 93weezer, Apr 22, 2008.

1. 93weezer

Cowl hood visibility for a short guy (5'7")

Well I'm at a point were its time to purchase a hood and I'm worried about visibility. First its a 9.5" deck height block with a super victor, CSU carb and hat. The problem is I'm 5'7" tall (or short) and not shure if I'll be able to see over a 5 inch cowl to drive it (will be driven on the street) I know I'll need a 5 inch cowl hood to clear everything (ho fiber trends). Or should I dare say bye a smaller cowl hood and cut it to allow the bonnet and piping poke through.
    P.S. I'm running a BG hot side with the 3 1/2" down pipe so I believe drop mounts are out of the question

I'm really at a cross roads here on what to buy :huh: :bang:

2. quicknova

Re: Cowl hood visibility for a short guy (5'7")

Sounds like a 'stang but I'm 5'5" >:( with a '69 Nova and can see fine w/ my 4" if that helps..

3. conbread

hey man i am same height and i have a 5.5 ex hood and i can see pretty good on the street..Just watch those right hand turns but you will be ok!!!!!!

4. 93weezer

Ya its a 93' coupe, thanks for the reply but if I remember correctly I think the seats in a mustang sit a bit lower than in a Nova especially if your Nova has a bench seat??

5. 93weezer

Thankyou, thats what I was looking to hear!! :2thumbs:

6. Onjacks

I have (had) a H.O Fibertrends 5" hood on my coupe. Im 5'6.

You can see, just not the first 15 ft in front you. :D

It will be fine.

7. 93weezer

Thankyou :2thumbs:

8. 70 bird

I bought my Capri from a guy that was about 5'4" after driving it a while I noticed a lack of headroom and the drivers seat was visibly higher than the passenger seat. What the guy had done was installed 2, 3/4 in steel tube spacer sleeves under the rear of the seat track and longer bolts to attach. I thought it was a cool idea but Im 6' so away went the spacers! Just an idea. :)