1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Couple quick questions on turbo build

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by stevenminix, Jan 15, 2015.

1. stevenminix

I have a turbo 331 build in process, i will be running a custom cam that will be made later when all parts are picked out.
    I looked at many intakes and the operating range is higher than i want to run. I am assuming they are na operating ranges, how does boost change the operating range for those upper rpm intakes?

I am going to be running either a set of twisted wedge trick flow 11 r 190's or 205's.

Are efi intakes like the trick flow r box or like an efi carb intake with an elbow the best?

I want to keep the rpm range limited on the upper rpm to 6800-7000 rpm.

Id like to go ahead and get my intake and heads picked out and purchased new, so i can have everything together to let the cam guys know, the cam will be the last piece purchased.

The block is a dart, so it will hold. Im not using it for a street car, but wanting to keep hydraulic roller setup just in case i feel like driving it 1 time a year maybe on the street to maybe a car show or something.

Thanks you guys alot. I appreciate it.

2. stevenminix