1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

couple questions and help please

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, May 3, 2014.

1. vht

need advice on a turbo, have a 6.0 going in a foxbody, and was planning on a Denmah kit from VS racing with the 80mm upgrade. After reading on here I think the BW 475 would be better. It's a T6 1.32 ar 96 turbine. The GT45 80mm is $589 and the BW is $699. I priced the BW as a upgrade with the kit and it's like $1300 and some odd dollars from the kit price of $868. What do you all think? I think this is a divided flange so can I put the WG right where the hot side merges or should I run 2 WG's? I'm not quite ready for it yet, just trying to get things planned out. Going to take the PG to get it built shortly, car's almost ready. This is a slow budget build but I want to get the best bang for my buck so to speak.

2. pavementpounder

I have the VS racing 80 mm and are very happy with it, I use 1 40 mm waste gate but thinking a 50mm or bigger would be better.

3. Mnlx

The gt45's have more than proven themselves, but for the price difference between the 80mm, and the s475, I would definitely go 475. If the 76, and 80mm's were priced closer to what the 68's are it would be a much tougher choice, but in this case I believe the 475 is a better engineered product, and is upgradeable in the future if you choose.... my 2 cents.

4. M&M Turbochargers

475 would be a better quality turbo

5. vht

That was my thinking, and the room to grow part also. I did kick around the idea of 2 of the small gt45's, but since this is my 1st ls and turbo build I figured I'd better stick with 1. Only thing holding up progress right now is money. Seems to get in the way a lot lately. Thanks for the help guys. I know I'll need more later.