1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Could use some Help with my ls build.

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Rob.p, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Rob.p

Hey new to the forum and building my first ls. So right now I got a 5.3 bored 30over summit pro ls rods weisco pistons arp hardware I need help with a good head/cam with 64cc chambers ill be right at 9.5:1 compression. Hoping to make 1000-1200hp with a 88-91mm turbo Debating on going aftermarket heads or would a ported set of 799s do the trick also wondering if anyone has run any of the the summit turbo cams. Any input would be helpful thanks

2. Wallace

I've got a set of cnc'd 799 castings that flow 320+ at .600". The stock castings are plenty capable.

B E N likes this.
  3. Bad Medicine Racing

I have the summit Pro LS turbo cam. It’s basically a copy of the BTR stage 2 turbo cam. Not identical but very similar. Porting stock castings is typically a waste of $$$ with a turbo. A pair of 799/243s are plenty capable out of the box. As far as that goes, so are the 706/862s. We were running 5.1X at 3300lbs with the summit cam and 317s on a 6.0. We were working on going faster and pulled the torque boxes out of the car.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    B E N likes this.