1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cost to convert manifold?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mnm99, Jan 23, 2014.

1. mnm99

Anyone know a round about price and if it's worth it to convert a manifold to EFI? I have a brand new in the box high temp clear coated Victor Jr manifold. Just wondering how I can save some money.

2. twofast

it'll be much cheaper to sell it and get a vic efi manifold.
    years ago, i got a quote of $300 to do that.

3. Drac0nic

Not really worth it unless you have a tig. You may look at the procomp one on ebay. You can get the intake and rails without a reg for 250 or so. Some say they are good others junk. I guess it is opinion or luck. The rails seem decent and do bolt on to edelbrock efi iintakes (i have a set i stuck on a stealth ram just to see.) If you have a tig you fan do your own for some time however.

4. cudaman1986

I just had mine done last week. Machine intake for bungs, make up fuel rails, mounts for fuel rails and welding $375

5. mnm99

Well a new manifold is $325 and rails are around $125. Hmm.. Too close not to go new. I could sell my manifold for $125 then buy a new one already done. Take the $125 to buy rails. Pretty much even..Thanks!

6. 77nomad

I agree if your not doing the work yourself its way too costly unless you have an odd ball like a Olds that needs an intake. I did my Victor Jr. using 1" aluminum bar stock. But I have yet to weld it because I am figuring out how to build a jig so the bungs stay in the same plane. In the end I wish I would have sold it. Now I HAVE to finish it and dont have much time at work to do government work.

7. mustang-junky