1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cool web sites from back in the day/trip down memory lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Drac0nic, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Drac0nic

Okay, so I was talking with someone and the topic of Gus Mahon came up (of Turbo Caravan fame.) That got me thinking and looking, and I came to the realization Gus has been gone for 15 years now. That said, I'll throw a few web sites out there from the era of interest.

Syclone Stories (AOL page, gone as far as I know)
    Rustpuppy.org
    toohighpsi.com/Mike Sitar

Any others of intest? Would be curious to see where this goes, especially considering what constitutes a fast car these days has changed so much.

2. blown385

There were no web sites back in the day . :biggrin-new:

3. Drac0nic

Are you saying I should have started my post with smoke clouds?

4. blown385

LOL , Im not THAT old !

5. Disney Lincoln

For me, Toohighpsi.com and hotrodlincoln.org were the catalysts for what I eventually dedicated my automotive enthusiasm towards.

I used the Toohighpsi site as a the strength to build my first DIY Twin turbo setup using twin T3s from turbocoupes. I did that to a Lincoln.

I eventually bought the Lincoln that hotrodlincoln.org was built around and still have that car to this day. I've got a blower on it now, but have twins on the shelf for when I get some "free time" to build another twin turbo Lincoln.

6. jaquetapus

The site that lured me into the turbo world was AnthonyFury and TwinTrouble's tonybob.com. Their build threads inspired me to build a more "serious" car, then they led me to turbomustangs.com and I was hooked. Lurked for a few years, then signed up and got a little more dedicated to it.

7. Pro-SC

Mine was a Canadian website that I even sponsored for a few years.
    Mustangcanada.com

Oh this video is old school, love this one. Gotta love these guys who can rock it with a stick.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017