1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Compressor housings that bolt to Garrett T3

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by spddm0n, Aug 2, 2020.

1. spddm0n

I'm not new to turbos, but I'm new to Garrett. A friend gave me a Garrett T3 (.63A/R)/T04E 46 trim turbo, and I would like to change the compressor wheel and housing for different performance characteristics. Do some of the other Garrett series compressor housings bolt directly to the T3 turbine housing? For example, if I wanted to bolt on a GTX2867R or a GTX3071R compressor housing and matching compressor wheel, does that bolt right up? Can I simply swap compressor wheels (plus new seals and bearings) and compressor housing and rebalance the turbo and be ready to go? Are a lot of these Garrett parts all interchangeable?

2. B E N

You need to have the whole assembly balanced if you are changing wheels. You will need to send it in to have that type of work done.