1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help ID this turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pajamasam, Sep 29, 2012.

1. pajamasam

So i got this turbo today with a bunch of other stuff. Its got a Turbonetics Compressor housing. The middle part? has a number of 408752. The guy i bought it from was advertising it as a 81mm turbonetics turbo which i do not believe it is.

21088 hand engraved on the compressor housing on the inlet
    3.5" compressor inlet ~84mm compressor wheek
    3" compressor outlet

1025 ? stamped on compressor wheel

408752 center

4.5" exhaust Outlet ~86mm turbine wheel
    .96 Stamped on turbine housing

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. cat herder

All the numbers you've found are the part numbers for the individual components, and don't tell you anything about the unit as a whole. The only real part number is the sticker on the backside of the compressor backing plate; if that's missing, post up both the major & minor sizes of both wheels.

sticker.jpg #ad

3. pajamasam

Compressor wheel
    ~82mm
    ~118mm

Couldn't get the exhaust housing off

4. racesloth

82mm mid frame or maybe super T - check the turbine wheel measurements and see:

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/turbo-tech-questions-only!!!/comparison-of-turbonetics-mid-frame-82mm-and-precision-pt-78gts/msg1465662/#msg1465662

5. pajamasam

Mine is a t6 exhaust housing. I still can't get it off so I can't measure the wheel yet.

6. racesloth

7. pajamasam

Yup that's it! Awesome thanks a ton. Where can I find more info on it like how much power it will support and stuff like that