1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cometic head gasket?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by montstr, Mar 14, 2009.

1. montstr

Hey guys need your help, I did a search and found a couple things but not what i really need info about. Im looking at running Cometic head gaskets and need to know what ones to buy. I have been running the 9333 and want something better. I have a 306 block at 8.5 compression with worked GT-40 iron heads. I will be running about 17psi so what ones should i get and were the best place to buy. Thanks

2. Drlee50

if it aint broke, dont fix it. the 9333's will be fine. if you are blowing them out, its b/c you tune is poor. not b/c of the gaskets. you actually want the gaskets to fail if your tune sucks. beats killing a piston etc. FWIW, i run the 9333's and 25+ psi with no problems. think of the hg's as a fuse. it can save a total meltdown. with your setup, there is no need to change hg's.

3. 88stangbanger

:withu:

4. yellowpony

You are already pushing that block well beyond its limit, no sense in spending more money on impending doom....

Anthony

5. underpsi68

Also those GT40's have a thin deck on them which will distort with higher boost along with the stock block. You can add head stids to help a bit.