1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

cometic head gasket

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lk2xlr8, Sep 30, 2004.

1. lk2xlr8

where can i find cometic head gaskets for a 302 with a stock bore?

2. 90'LXStang

PER Racing Engines, 815-254-2333

3. lk2xlr8

another question

i've seen 2 part numbers.

302, 351 svo round bore 4.030 c5478

or

289, 302, 351w non svo 4.030 c5511

i'm guessing i'm going with the non svo gasket, but since i have a stock bore, would the 4.030 work, cause i haven't seen any with the 4.000 bore

-my bad, i read some past posts, and think i found my answer

4. soon2befast

gasket

I order mine not to long ago.I got the standard bore.And i got them a little thicker to lower the compresion just a tad.
    This is what i have. c5511 ford 289/302/351 gasket non svo
    got them from Precision Engine Rebuilder.But i would get them from one of the vender on here mine took 2weeks cause they say they where in the middle of moving oh well.
    Love them check them up with your old gasket and you should have no problems

5. Enginerd

PER is one of only a few stocking distributors on the Cometics. He usually has a pretty good stock of them too. I can vouch that Randy (owner) is a good guy. He is local to me and I am in there quite alot.

PER

Rob

6. WaterPog

I got mine from PER as well.

7. soon2befast

They are good on the price.68$ each plus shipping!
    Got the order right the first time.
    815-254-2333

8. ninjzx998

yeah,
    got mine there too. He had stock bore in stock and I got them within a week, although I didn't need them fast so I'm sure Murphy's law played a role.

9. soon2befast

Is PER a vender on this board?

10. capri302

cometic website suckz!

11. 90'LXStang

soon2befast, I dont think PER is a vendor here.
    I received mine from PER in a few days. If I remember correctly, the thicker ones almost double the price.

12. soon2befast

ya when i got mine they said 3-4days but it took 2weeks they where moving at the time no big deal to me they where cheap!My girl was more in a rush to get them than i was hell i did not even have the heads yet.Damn girls:D

13. Lordviper13

where do I find a girl who is that in to cars and doesnt mind me spending money on them :rolleyes:

14. NeedaTurbo

Just put a SBC in your car, right SWT? :D

[​IMG]#ad

15. soon2befast

you know the cool thing is my girl friend help pull the motor out rebuild it put it together.This was a project i gave her to take her mind off her cancer and she loved it!Now for the auto matic slicks
    and teach her how to drive!!:D

16. lk2xlr8

how long ago did they move? i should've started looking for cometic gaskets a while ago. i need them by next friday. i'm going to order them today. hopefully i'll get them in a week.

17. ninjzx998

Girls-

If you read 5.0 mag I think last month they did an article on Athena, the Bassani girl. Said she did or helped out on a lot of the work done on her mustang. Gotta admit seing pics of a good looking girl working on a car works quite well for me. Some country music song has the same thing, except she's turning wrenches on a classic mustang.

Give them a call, if they have them in stock I'm sure you'll get them in time.

18. Enginerd

They moved a while ago.

Rob

19. soon2befast

phone # 815-254-2333 you can get them overnight!

20. lk2xlr8

called them yesterday. they shipped them out that day. i should have them by monday or tuesday. didn't get the name of the guy, he was cool though. gave me some more info that i was wondering about.