1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Co2 boost control - How long does 5lb last

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by westcoastwrenchin, Oct 23, 2019.

1. westcoastwrenchin

Is cow boost control impractical for my turbo ls street car? How long does a typical 5lb bottle last? I've got dual wastegates 44mm tial. Not really even opening the wastegates on the street but would love the control!

2. Bad Medicine Racing

Lots of guys claim to be able to race an entire season on a bottle, given you keep the valve off when not in use.

I have a small air tank in the trunk that works well for me. I usually air it up before going to the track.

The VIAIAR 10000 is a full onboard compressor setup for around $140. That is what I will be using if I replace my tank.

3. kennymox510

i use the viair 10000, never have to worry about running out of c02

4. westcoastwrenchin

I ended up going with the viaair, wow is it ever LOUD. Hopefully it wont be running all the time. Need to get creative and quiet the thing down yikes.

5. rick90lx

The guys I know who use C02, say that it lasts a long time as long as you don't have any leaks, close the valve when not in use and have your PIDs adjusted correctly. I've only got a 10oz bottle, I'm going to give it a shot this year but I suspect I'll be looking for a 5# bottle myself.

6. B E N

Where is the compressor mounted? It's only a 10% DC model so it shouldn't run much period. If its running more than just occasionally you may have some leaks.

7. westcoastwrenchin

It's hard to say how often because the car isn't in the road yet. Perhaps it only goes once a week I'd be happy! Its mounted under the car on the OUTSIDE because in my trunk it was vibrating the whole car