1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic FAST O2 sensor?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by turbodart, Aug 10, 2009.

1. turbodart

I just got a classic FAST Bank to Bank system that does not have the wide band o2 option . I also got it with an unterminated universal harness. Does this system support a narrow band o2 sensor so that it can run in closed loop? The schematic that came with it only shows how to wire up the wide band o2. Also are the injectors wire the same bank to bank or sequential?

2. turbodart

No one knows? :bang:
    I thought this would be an easy one. :stupid:

3. evobydarwin

I cant answer the NB question as Ive only dealt with the WB harness. The bank to bank harness is the same as the sequential.

4. turbodart

Great! Thanks. That at leasts answers one of my questions.

5. Turbo Drag Radial

You can get the pins and add the WB O2 option in your self. If you go the the help section in the FAST software you will see the wiring diagram and pin-out chart. From there you can add the necessary leads to run the WB. Also if you go to your local auto parts store you can get the O2 sensor for cheap.

Use these part #'s
    NGK 24302
    Bosch 15401

The local murray's has them for $80.00

6. turbodart

Doesn't the ECU have to be set up to read the Wb o2? My ECU (30-123000) did not come with that option installed. I would assume that if I wired up a WB sensor to the ECU that it would not read it. Is that a bad assumption?

7. Turbo Drag Radial

that's a great question. I guess a phone call to FAST would be the answer.

Does the fast box have pins in the C location? If I remember right the O2 uses Pin C1-C8. This might be a way to confirm. I wasn't aware that these boxes needed to be upgraded for an O2. I was aware of the B2B vs. Seq needed an upgrade.

Hadley Owens (also username on the Turbo Forums) used to work at Fast and has a great amount of knowledge. I would send him a PM as he will know the answer.

8. turbodart

You were right. According to FAST all I need to do is order the WB sensor and install some file to unlock the ECU. I ordered the NGK sensor and wired the harness per the instructions that came with the harness. However, the connector on the harness and the connector on the sensor are not mating parts. I ordered a replacement connector for my harness to mate to the sensor but I'm unsure of how to wire the connector because I'm not sure if the colors of the wires in the two connectors are suppose to match up. Right now they don't with the two non mating connectors. The NGK sensor only has 5 wires (7 pins though) and my FAST harness has 7 wires. Anyone know how to wire one of the NGK sensor to a FAST harness?

9. Anthony Fury

The injector harness is the same between seq. and non.

You can get pins, connectors, etc (like to hook up your ignition, etc) from Brian Macy at Horsepower Connection. I think he is an advertiser here. Or was. Either way, good guy.

Did not know that about the classic WB - I thought I was F'd if mine took a dump.

10. turbodart

11. Turbo Drag Radial

email me at
    This content is protected
    I will send you the wiring diagram with colors so that you can wire the 02 correctly.

12. turbodart

Thank you for the offer. I believe I have all the information I need now.