1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

e85 INJECTION

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SpoolFool6, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SpoolFool6

Looked but found no results on the web. I dont want to run -20 washer fluid with 3 bottles of heet and cant buy 100% methanol in my area. But I have access to e85 about 30miles from my home and was wondering how it would fair, 50/50 water e85 injecting it through my methanol injection kit? No methanol and running 93oct in the tank.

2. brianj5600

Any circle tracks around? They tend to have methanol.

3. tbird

If you did a 50/50 mix e85 and water the gasoline will separate from the mixture and float on top.

4. SpoolFool6

There is but probablly expensive as hell, i'll look into that when they open back up in the spring.

5. SpoolFool6

That sucks but is good to know. I guess I'll stick with washer fluid and 3 bottles of heet. Thats almost $10 per gallon mixing it that way. I can go through 4-5 gallons a month, thats almost a cell phone bill >:(

6. Turbohwagon

Someone in my area added a 42 lb/hr injector just after the turbo discharge, about 15-18" away from his throttle body and saw a HUGE drop in temps with just E85. He wasn't running an intercooler and was up in the 200*+ inlet temp area, but it dropped to about 120* or less IIRC. I'll see if i can get the exact temp drop he saw.

7. tbird

Seen a post where a guy just ran e85 in his water/meth kit. I dont remember inlet temps without the kit. But he said with the kit it reduced his inlet temps to around 100 deg. and sometimes as low as ambient.

8. brianj5600

It should be less than $5/gal maybe less than $4. I think 55 gallon drums are about $150.

9. slammed98gmc

i was told that no petroleum products should be used with a meth injection kit due to the orings in the system.

10. SpoolFool6

I think I'm going to stick with 50/50 mix until spring then retune it on 100% meth when the track opens back up in the spring. What should I tune the a/f to on 500rwhp with the 50/50 mix? Currentlly it's at 11.3to1. What about 100% meth a/f?

Also who makes the best nozzle and what size nozzle should I go with?