1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic fast injector output

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Turbomonte, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Turbomonte

I'm using a classic fast sequential box on my 383 sbc with twin 52mm. I an not getting a signal to my#1 injector. The wire is good all the way to the box, so I'm pretty sure it is the output not working. It is output x1 an orange wire. Is there anyway to correct this issue our am I screwed? Thanks for the help

2. Drac0nic

This may sound like an off the wall suggestion, but are there any TV repair shops locally? If you have a harness with the ability to hook it to a bench supply and a pin out it is very likely they could diagnose and fix it for you. Provided you found the right person to work on it. The only other real question is availability of parts if it's old. My guess is one of the drivers burned out which could be as simple as a Darlington transistor/FET worse case scenario is the output pin of the CPU is burnt out and then you're probably screwed unless the EPROM is separate on the board. I have never cracked one of these open though so I do not know how they are designed.

3. Turbomonte

Fast actually told me that they would look at it but they prob dont have the parts to fix it anymore. just a off the wall question but if it cant be fixed would the injector output be able to handle two injectors? if i am screwed i was wondering if i could tie the ground signal in with the #2 injector, i know it will fire a little early but im not useing any cylinder correction so that would be better than not firing at all or buying a new box for now. Do you know if it can handle it? using bosch 160 injectors. only about 4.5 ohms each

4. Turbo Terror

Ask Craig smith to take a look at it I know he still has a lot of parts and he's working on mine right now

5. Craig Smith

I just responded to a PM on another board that I am assuming is this same case, and I can help. I have an inventory of the proper injector drivers for this system and I can fix it. They are peak/hold drivers so improvising another solution probably wouldn't be a good fit here.

And Turbo Terror your sequential conversion is almost done :)

6. Turbo Terror

Woohoo just have to time the cam sync and get some good fuel in the tank now!!!