1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Digicon Smartspark Help. Anybody...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by slowboat, Apr 13, 2008.

1. slowboat

Got a digicon smartspark box and no clue how to use it or wire it. Been searching and searching and searching. Someone please school me on how to use it and all it's features. I'd also be happy to pay for a copy of instructions also. Thanks, Jyme

2. Brett with Aeromotive

Jyme,

That's a great little box that dissappeared 5-6 years ago when Doug Yip sold Digicon Engineering. It's really pretty simple, though there are two versions, the original and a "Gen II" that I worked with Doug to develop. Both boxes have two timing curves, which are a +/- curve from stock, i.e. what ever number you put in is either added to (positive number) or subtracted from (negative number) the stock timing at that RPM point. The Gen II has a built in RPM limit, possibly a two step, and I think an RPM window switch for controlling nitrous if my memory serves. You do need to figure out which one you have, although I'm trying to remember how to identify them, it seems as though there's a version number that flashes when you power the unit up...

I think I've got instructions for both, but will have to do some digging, then would need to scan them... time, there's never enough. How may wires in your harness? What color?

Brett

3. slowboat

Brett, Wow, thanks for the reply. You just made my bad week good. Funny what can turn your mood around. Anyway, the harness has 9 wires in it. Colors are red, black, white, purple, yellow, orange, green, blue and brown. Pretty sure I've got the gen II unit, although I'm totally unfamiliar with it. I've been told it is a great piece and I'm really looking forward to getting some use from it. Anything you can do is much appreciated and again I'm more than happy to pay for your time if you can help me with some instructions. Thanks so much for your reply, Jyme

4. Brett with Aeromotive

That does sound like the Gen II. I'll try and dig around this weekend to see what I can come up with.

Brett

5. slowboat

Great, thanks again. :2thumbs:

6. Brett with Aeromotive

PM me with your e-mail address.

Brett

7. slowboat

PM sent.

8. bens67mustang

Hello, I just sent you an email regarding smart spark. If you could help please let me know.